TypeCooks Paul van der Laan and Erik van Blokland will critique your typecooker sketches on the Typo Stage, on screen at TYPO Sustain. They will taste, deconstruct and roast your best half baked drawings. TypoStage, Saturday May 19, 2012. 15:00.
It's not just about glory, to raise the stakes, TypeCooks Paul (@boldmonday) and Erik (@letterror) will use a secret and wholly subjective set of criteria to award awards to the best drawing or drawings. Prizes will be announced, check Twitter @typecooker.
Here's how to participate:
- Take a recipe from TypeCooker. Save the instructions somewhere, as text. Or write them down.
- Read about the parameters if you don't know what the instructions mean.
- Sketch a test word. Handglove. Hamburg. Adhesion. A3, landscape, x-height at 4cm.
- Fix, repair, redraw as required. Whiteout, markers, transparency paper are all allowed. But don't digitise. Don't show finished fonts. Don't show single letters.
- Go to Typo in Berlin
- Hand in your sketch (with your name on it) to Paul or Erik. You have to be present in order to qualify.
- Wait for the TypeCooker session. Bite nails. Pace.
This is an experiment, we hope to be able to discuss all drawings. Typecooks Paul and Erik reserve the right to select from the submissions if there isn't enough time to discuss all of them. First come, first serve. If no drawings are submitted they will make some up. Offer valid until TYPO Sustain. Drawings can be picked up after the session, however, uncollected drawings will not be returned.